Sunday 7 June 2015

IHS Gabs 95-98 Re-Union Part 1



Whilst Facebook seems to continuously consume the world today , it does have its benifits. Take me for example I was lucky enough to find my class mates from Institute of Health Sciences (IHS)-1995-1998 through Facebook.We were able to reconnect which led to a proposal for a mini reunion and everybody knows I'm one for anything that is fun filled.
After doing some homework and some research we all agreed on a long weekend at the 


Terafou Safari Lodge, Zanzibar.  This Safari Lodge is situated on the banks of the Limpopo river, in the Tuli block in Botswana. For guests they can stay in thatched, comfortable en suite exclusive rooms for self-catering, with an option for full catering as well. 

Now when i say top notch people  this lodge just ticked all the boxes from the ensuite rooms to the pool  to the beautiful   viewing deck that overwork the Limpopo river, fully equipped kitchen, dinning area and braai ( BBQ) area. The beautiful green lawns right up to the banks of the river. Just perfect for any Boaz to propose to his Ruth.

The day had arrived for the trip, I so felt like I was a child  exicited for the first day of sch.  I had my bags packed my hair done but ofcourse my sisters didn't  approve and had their own two cents about it as per usual but I wasn't phased, nothing was going to dampen my day so I sat sipping on my freshly squeezed mango juice waiting to be picked. Honestly you can't even begin to imagine how anxious I was , I hadn't seen most of them since graduation back in 98 and we're in 2015 that makes it 17 years. I started feeling a bit nervous. 









We drove from Gaborone City to Palapye where we met with the  first group. Okey, it felt so natural. We all just clicked. Reconnected. We drove to another town where  we met up with the last group. Yay Now all together again, the only thing in our minds now was  to get to Zanzibar. It had been a long day.






The picture below really shows my grey hair and my hairstyle clearly...I love my GREY hair please.




The funny thing comes here, we all looked different I guess, off course we look older. But for me the first thing they noticed was my hairstyle and the colour of my hair. I remember we hugged and the first thing that came out of one of the girl's mouth was; " Studu,, dye your grey hair PLEASE ".
Okey I thought that was it about my hair, but one of the guys then said; So this hairstyle has cost you P40? And I asked why and how he knew the price I paid ? He said " its called french lines and they cost P10/line!! as  I stood with my mouth open, the other girl said. Its actually a hairstyle that a lot of old woman like, especially teachers. Errr...say what? But for me things like these don't really move me, if I like, I like.

As I laughed out load the same guy then said said ' honestly though Studu, you had really undermined our ReUnion for you to come with that kind of hairstyle"!. Hahaha. But I love them all. Honestly it just feels like I have been reconnected with my long lost family. It feels so great.





 I enjoyed the evenings as we would all sit around open fire and tell stories of the past. Laughter                  oh Laughter!!! THAT WAS OUR STORY...






But the monkeys loved our food. We had to keep watching them closely as the kept stealing our food..lol








     Found myself a friend though....








Yes I will re-unite with this group of lovely people over and over again.




                        Looking forward to share with you Re-Union 2.

                                        JOURNEY WITH ME...........









No comments:

Post a Comment