Saturday 27 December 2014

Henley-on-Thames my favourite place

I love walking, it is simple, free and one of the easiest way to get active and healthy. I have payed so much money at the gym even though I have only been few times. Well I had to cancel my gym membership and decided to do what I love most. I am a very self motivated person.  A lot of times I enjoy walking by myself as I take time to think or even take a break sit by the river, reflect and meditate on life in general.  I will have to say if I an doing very long walks then I need company though. One of my favourite routes this year has been the Reading to Henley-on-Thames. A simple walk along a pleasant section of the River Thames, keeping to the riverside path throughout. (Thames Path).                                                                             
The view is unbelievable. I took few friends ( Joymie, Ela, Laone) with me on different occasions. The journey is about 10 miles ( 14 km). It's fun, there are a lot of things you can do along the way.  If you start your walk too early, you could stop at THE GREAT HOUSE hotel in Sonning for breakfast (yummy Full English Breakfast). There is also Baskerville Arms in Shiplake Tea Stop if you like to stop for tea ,there is a train station in Shiplake just in case any of the girls U walk with decide they can't finish the walk. There are lots of eating places when you finally get to Henley.               One day my friend Laone and I got carried away walking just enjoying the view along Thames Path , we ended up in Mallow. Yes Mallow, we had done 35km on that day, none stop. We left Reading 10 am and got to Mallow just after 4:30 pm. We had to take the train back to Reading . Tired yet so fulfilling. Anyway, whenever I see all these beautiful places  I always wish I could do these walks with my little sister. But NO !! My sister hates walking with a passion. She has such a beautiful body BUT she doesn't realise, she desperately wants to gain weight, and so she thinks going for a walk will make her slimmer than she already is. Bless her.  I therefore planned for us to get on the train and off we went to Henley on one sunny afternoon.We were going to have a picnic, but thanx to the British weather, by the time we got the Henly the weather had changed.

So our pinic into a mini photoshoot.
I had bought the blanket from Botswana on my last, holiday from a cheap Chinise shop, my plan was to use it as a picnic blanket. 




























Love summer as I can show case my Afro Kinky hair.



My cheap blanky came in handy as it got cold so I had to use it to cover up. It turns out that what's on trend these days, isnt it? Every one tend to be wearing these blanket jumpers and poncho sweaters.
















Laughter is what keeps me young 😜


The year 2014 has been good. Thankful for Devine health.

 Open arms to receive 2015...It will be greater.. Let go in my people!

No comments:

Post a Comment