Wednesday 19 November 2014

Old pair of jeans/ Just can't get rid of...

Demin, a garment widely, embraced, worn and loved. The  most popular fabric in the whole wide world, as everyone owns atleast a pair.and why wouldn't you? They are durable, versatile and can be stylish. No matter how much you love your pair, they get too old you just can't use  them anymore. The story of my life. 

I have quite a number of jeans, but I sometimes find myself repeating the same pair over and over.  I must say its not easy to find good quality jeans these days, (heavy) jeans. We now have lots of these skinny/stretch/soft jeans. Talking of skinny/stretch, I remember when my mum first saw me trying to put on my skinny jeans, she was like " why don't you buy your own size and stop struggling??". Well , that's why i call you Mother.

Anyway I Owned a pair of strong jeans, I mean so strong I couldn't hand wash them unless I was paid to. Yes paid!! My late brother used to pay me to hand wash his jeans.  I would just deep them in water and take them out to air dry. Yea yea , easy way to get pocket money.

Moving on, I bought this particular pair from GAP, perfect fitting so I literally lived in them, until they couldn't take it. These ones had served me so well  for over 10 years so were just too worn to wear. I still couldn't get rid of  them, the inner thigh area was completely worn out ,so I chopped them and took the shorts for my holidays to Botswana.That was it, every year I am home, I don't stress, I just throw them on. I am in love.














Well the little person bellow is my 2year old niece. She loves giving me kisses. Bless







So if you're in love with a pair of jeans that are starting to rip, you may want to hang on them...think about how you can reuse them.  I DID.

No comments:

Post a Comment