Monday 24 November 2014

My undying love for watermelon




My obsession and live for watermelon stems from childhood . At a very young age I can remember going to the farm with my grandma and pick the largest MELON I could find and have it all by myself.
  For my siblings finishing half a water melon was a struggle. I never had any problems... So I made my parents soo proud. In olden African culture, (let alone Botswana culture )it was a good sign if you had some weight on you, it gave the impression that you were well cared for, meaning you were well fed. Well my mother still thinks the same way.

So I dream of being a full time farmer when I grow up. I hear some of you say; grow up?? Yes, grow up. I am still young.. So, at the farm I dream of waking up every morning,  go and pic 3 watermelons, 1 on my head, 2 on both hands. In fact I will pic 4, I will wrap the 4th one on my back with a cloth. Look like a proper African woman.
The picture below was just a taster of this life.



This white water melon was so sweet but I love colours, I prefer the red one. I am too good at telling wherether the watermelon is ripe or unripe but I am still working on colours, can't always tell if it's a red one or not.







Before and after is not only for weight loss purposes, bellow is another way of demonstrating the use of the 2 words.




I am the happiest when I am eating water melon, all by myself







I Love my niece AtA so much!!  I promise she knows that, so she always hangs around me , shr cries when her mum and dad take her. Oh well, maybe this time it's my watermelon she wants.




have now decided on the time I will be visiting home. HARVEST SEASON, just to go practice my farming skills.

Leaving the farms and village behind, see you in the city.....

No comments:

Post a Comment